Site Maintenance, The Forks
Full and part time positions available
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Application deadline is Monday, August 30th.
The Forks is seeking to fill full-time and part-time positions with energetic individuals who enjoy working outdoors maintaining a clean and welcoming space for visitors. Time management, attention to detail, and communication skills will be required to effectively complete duties. Successful applicants will need to remain adaptable to pivot quickly as operational needs change.
Reporting to the Site Maintenance Supervisor, responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Patio setup including rearranging furniture, sweeping, garbage removal, pressure washing, etc.
- Disposal of waste, recycling and compost
- Turf maintenance
- Snow clearing
- General ground maintenance duties as assigned
- Answering questions and offering assistance to the public
- operating heavy equipment, cargo bikes, power tools, 2-stroke engines, and backing trailers
Skills and experience:
- Be comfortable riding a bicycle in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including on weekends, holidays and evenings
- Be able to lift 25KG repeatedly over the course of your shift.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Ability to work eight hours on your feet outdoors, wearing a mask in a variety of weather conditions
Experience with the following would be an asset:
- Experience operating heavy equipment, cargo bikes, power tools, 2-stroke engines, and backing a trailer
- Compost Facility Operators license from the Compost Council of Canada
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Carpentry or general maintenance skills
- Experience with pumps, fountains, irrigation systems
- Experience supervising, team leadership
The Forks is the city’s meeting place, open and accessible to all. We want our team to be reflective of the community we are honoured to call home. We are actively seeking a diverse mix of talented people who want to do their best work.
The Forks North Portage as an employer is focused on equality and inclusion in our hiring practices. We support diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and nationality.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.