Sep 23, 2018
Birch Box | Braiding Workshop
Instructed by Funmi Akinrinlola & Maegan Berment.
PART 1: LEARN THE ROW
Part 1 will showcase and explain in detail how to:
- PREPARE hair for braiding, which includes product recommendations
- SECTION hair for braiding, which includes braiding tool suggestions
- GRIP hair for braiding, which includes hand positioning according to hair texture
- STYLE hair once braided, which includes recommendations on how to spice up any braid style!
- SUSTAIN braids once their in! Did you know Braids could last up to 2 weeks?! Learn how to take care of braids for a longer lasting look!
PART 2: MASTER THE ROW
(Part 2 is optional and an addition charge equal to the first half paid the day of when you’re so pumped you decide you HAVE to stay for it!)
Funmi and Maegan will demonstrate how kanekalon braiding extensions are gradually added to a braid in order to create a firmer, voluminous, longer lasting braid. Funmi and Maegan will share the techniques they use when adding extensions as well as tips on how to avoid common mistakes! They will go through how to prepare the extensions BEFORE adding them into the hair, what products to use when adding extensions, how to weave the extensions into the braid and of course what to do to help your braids last longer!
In this class participants will get an EXTENSIONS KIT which includes a bundle of kanekalon extensions, braid accessories and unbreakable bands!
Funmi and Maegan want to encourage those interested in taking this class! Like everything in life, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! The technique of adding extensions does not come easy but comes eventually! They hope participants will leave this class feeling confident in their extension adding skills!