Jul. 18, 2018
Learn to Bike to The Forks: Assiniboine Park Evening Family Ride
Learn to Bike to The Forks is a program designed in partnership with The Forks + Bike Winnipeg to empower people to bike safely and confidently from the suburbs to The Forks. This series of guided rides will begin from Assinibione Park, Kildonan Park and St. Vital Park throughout the months of June and July (plus a pair of one way rides into The Forks on Canada Day).
Choose your ride: we’re offering weekend family rides, an evening ride, and even a singles night bike ride!
All rides are bike path-oriented to ensure a leisurely, enjoyable, safe and beautiful ride. Each trip begins with an explanation of cycling hand signals, how to shoulder check (and why it’s important!) and outlines the basic rules of the road. Everybody rides together safely at a relaxed pace, enjoying the sights while winding our way through the scenic neighbourhoods of Winnipeg that lead us to The Forks.
Rides cost $10 - $30 for adults (kids are free), which includes instruction and rules of the road, guided ride and an annual Bike Winnipeg membership, which entitles the holder to 15% off at most bike shops in the city.
Ride fees cover:
- a super fun active urban adventure
- a mini lesson on bike safety, hand signalling and understanding the rules of the road
- a guided bike experience learning your safe bike route from the suburban parks to The Forks
- a membership to Bike Winnipeg (includes a 15% discount to most Bike Shops in Winnipeg!)
- City of Winnipeg cycling map
- early bird registration receives reflective safety gear courtesy of MPI
What you provide:
- a fun adventurous spirit
- a bike
- a helmet
- a bike lock (except Canada Day – free Bike Valet provided)
- your own meals and drinks during the trip
Space is limited in each ride to 40 adult riders, so register now!
July 18 | 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Location: Multiple Locations
Categories: Family Friendly, Outdoor Recreation, Sports & Fitness