Time to relax. Breathe. And enjoy the season!
As much as we like to take it easy, over the next week you might be wondering what you can do with all that extra time. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Take a hike... (or walk) around The Forks site. There is a lot to enjoy (both inside and out) and it's a great way to burn off the turkey you've inhaled.
- Glide around! Bring (or rent) skates and stake along our kilometer long on-land trails! Be sure to check conditions here, or here, or here.
- Host your own Hockey Night in Canada and play a game of shinny on our Festival Field Rink.
- If you haven't done enough shopping and want to find something local and unique, take a stroll around The Forks Market.
- Gather together some folks and visit the Children's Museum or Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Mini-Donuts (it's like a palate cleanser between all your family dinners).
- Gain some perspective and walk up the Atrium Tower to get a great winter view of Winnipeg.
As a friendly reminder, The Forks hours are as follows:
- December 24 – 9:30am to 4pm
- December 25 – CLOSED
- December 26 – 9:30am to 6:30pm (select tenants open)
- December 27 - 30th – 9:30am to 6:30pm
- December 31 – 9:30am to 8pm
Whatever it is you do - we want to wish you all the best over the holiday season! And if you are looking for things to do for New Year's Eve... be sure to stop by for the fireworks at 8pm!