Happy Earth Day! If you're someone who cares for little ones, you're probably curious about ways you can make a difference in protecting our earth. You might be wondering about cloth diapers? Or trying to find natural products that would work for you and your kiddos.
If you’re a mom-to-be or are already enjoying the wild ride that is motherhood, the Naturally Mom & Me Showcase is a great place to get started on your eco-friendly adventure. Join us this Friday, April 24 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Tower Atrium at The Forks Market.
Sherry Sobey from Generation Green is bringing together some of Manitoba’s manufacturers and experts to help educate and show you great products for your family that are being made in your own backyard. Some of the manufacturers will even be rolling out brand new products at this event.
The showcase will include both tables with products on display and presentations. Here are some of the local businesses you’ll find:
- Mama Pacha – all-natural, herbal skincare products
- Colibri – eco-friendly reusable snack bags, organic baby wraps
- Tree Hugger – reusable cloth pads
- Sew Dandee – silk screened onesies, wet tee pees
- CuddlyWrap by Peapod Creations – baby wraps
- Little Feather Designs – Bibdanas, bunny ear teething wrings
- Over the Rainbow – play silks
There will be four presentations over the course of the day to inform and inspire you:
10:30 a.m. - Prenatal & Postnatal Fitness Q & A with Fit 4 Two instructor Natalie Kulczycki
12:30 p.m. - Nutrition during your childbearing years with Tressa Main from Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods
2 p.m. - Find out what a doula can do for you with Birth Roots Doula Collective
3:30 p.m. - Learn the basics of babywearing with Winnipeg Babywearers
A special 10% discount will apply to all products at the showcase, and there will be a draw for an amazing prize pack filled with the products on display. You can enter the draw in any or all of the following ways:
- Join the event on Facebook
- Get a passport card when you arrive at the showcase get it signed at each table or presentation you visit
- Spend $20 or more at the showcase and get extra tickets for the draw
Generation Green will be going beyond the Manitoba border and displaying some of Sherry's favourite Canadian products, such as First Food Organics, a baby food and snack producer.
Along with showcasing great local products and services, Sherry wanted the event to partner with moms in our community who could use our support. The North End Women’s Centre will be accepting optional donations—monetary and new/gently used receiving blankets.